NOTE: Some of our cats and dogs are listed as In Foster. They are staying in a foster home until there adoption into their forever home. Please follow these instructions to apply for, ask questions about, set up a meeting with, and adopt these dogs and cats.
Let’s Get Started!
- When you find the cat or dog (In Foster) that you would like to adopt, fill out an Adoption Application here.
- please allow us up to 24 hours to respond to your application
- we respond to applications by e-mail, please watch for our response
- after we send our response to your application, you will have two hours to reply to set up an appointment to meet the pet and finalize your adoption
- After you’ve been approved for your adoption, our Foster Coordinator will connect you with the foster parent to answer any questions you may have and set up an appointment to meet the pet that you’re interested in.
- If, after meeting them, you decide that you’d like to make the cat or dog you’ve chosen a member of your family, we will complete the adoption process. Please do not take the adoption of an animal lightly. Consider the commitment of time, money and love that comes with owning a pet; a cat or dog could have a life expectancy of 12 to 20 years!
- The Adoption Counselor will review the animal’s medical records and key points on the Adoption Contract, including the 30 day trial period.
- All of our animals have a set adoption fee. This fee helps defray the cost of the medical care, labor and other occupancy costs associated with the shelter. Adoption fees vary by animal, and are noted on every animal’s paperwork. Accepted methods of payment are credit/debit or cash. Checks are not accepted for adoptions or retail purchases.
- Voila, you now have a new forever friend! We love to get updates (and especially photos of the pets in their new home), so don’t be shy to contact us via Email or Phone, or post on our Facebook page!
Criteria for Adoption:
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to adopt an animal.
- Adoption Discounts: Volunteers and Senior Citizens (60 years and older) receive a discount of 10% on the adoption fee and merchandise purchased at the time of adoption. No other discounts apply.
- Northwoods Humane Society reserves the right to refuse an adoption if we feel that it is not in the best interest of the animal.